29 March 2009

2009 March 29 Ronde van Brisbeen Circuit Race 35+ 4

CTL: 105
TSB: 15

This will be a better test of my fitness since there is an approximately three minute hill on the course with about forty five seconds of recovery on the descent. I feel OK given my relative lack of fitness for me and residual effects of the crash yesterday.

I go to the front but other folks want it more than I do and string it out for the first few laps and I sit on. This feels kind of hard to me - but when I look at the data it's the same as last year and I did the race twice so my deconditioning is coming into play. This is what usually happens when I take a long break - my sprint gets much better but I lose so much aerobic conditioning I am never in a position to use it.

The whole race for me boils down to about two minutes on the sixth lap. The advantage to being small on the bike is that one can draft anyone, the disadvantage is you often have to move a lot laterally to keep an eye on the action. There's a point where I assume I am in the pack but am not at about the 22 minute mark, and by the time I realize it, make another bad move and assume we will catch them on the next lap but the data shows even though I get dropped by my companions, we are still going much slower than we went with the pack on the downhill, so we will never catch the pack. Kind of frustrating but my fault for not being attentive.


Ronde van Brisbeen Circuit Race 35+ 4 from Steven Woo on Vimeo.

T: 48:03
S: 34.6
C: 95
Pavg: 192
Pnorm: 237
2009 ronde circuit 35+ 4

No comments: