20 September 2005

Power for cyclocross

Since I can retire my criterium bike for five months I put a spare PowerTap wiring harness on one of my cyclocross bikes and put a cross tire on a road wheel(no longer needed just for crits). Now I get a record of what happens during a cyclocross race. Wonder how to estimate the demands of the running sections...

I did not feel like making another stem mount out of carbon fiber so I got a worn out inner tube and cut a little piece off and made my own doohickey to mount the PowerTap CPU on the stem. I could have mounted the CPU to the handlebars but that takes up a bit more space and putting it on the stem does not hypothetically put it in the way as I am not long limbed enough to do the carry the bike with a hand over the stem move comfortably.

No comments: